Welcome

This is the newly setup blog to split up the creative process of my film I have up my sleeve for my MA and currently working towards. It will hopefully be updated regulary, the old posts will get updated as the designing of the film continues. As the design stage phase closes, this'll probably have thumbnails, storyboards, animatics and linetests to detail the film coming into existence more and more.
If you look to the right of this text, you'll find a summary of posts of the project carried out so far to date for easy navigation, underneath that is what I've been looking at in order to design the film's look and general inspiration.

Monday 15 February 2010

Random Pics/Inspiration #1

Here are a few pics which inspire me in style and that I could use some things from as I've been looking around and these are things that just somehow grip me.


Second illustrated page (aside from front cover) of Theirry Dedieu's 'The Boy Who Ate Words'. A interestingly illustrated children's book with a great concept. The kid's body is made of negative space, brilliant!


A scanned page from 'Cloudland' by John Burningham, a most interesting children's book, mainly using whitened roughly cut out characters and made to look as if place on a photo or painting of the sky, interesting stuff. Also, rainbow.


I have NO IDEA who did this pic. All I know is that it was a transitioning link for an article on MSN's news page. I just loved the look of it, had to get it. I need to learn how to adapt this look, but currently it's not suited to animation, at least at my level anyway.

http://cartoonretro.blogspot.com/2010/02/chuck-jones-bear-that-wasnt.html
Shane had a great post here. I'm wondering if it's worth uploading these images separately myself.

Originally edited 15/FEB/2010 - MAY be added onto in future

0 comments:

Post a Comment