Welcome

This is the newly setup blog to split up the creative process of my film I have up my sleeve for my MA and currently working towards. It will hopefully be updated regulary, the old posts will get updated as the designing of the film continues. As the design stage phase closes, this'll probably have thumbnails, storyboards, animatics and linetests to detail the film coming into existence more and more.
If you look to the right of this text, you'll find a summary of posts of the project carried out so far to date for easy navigation, underneath that is what I've been looking at in order to design the film's look and general inspiration.

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Inspiration #2: Cartoon Modern

In order to get the design I'm aiming for featuring in the finished animation, I've decided to look (and subsequently bought) Cartoon Modern by Amid Amidi, I hope he doesn't mind me posting these scans for research purposes. I'm sure he won't. Anyway, copyright of this work, Amid Amidi and Chronicle Books.


Nice retro cars above. I need one, mainly.


Inspiration for the city/town when the rainbows are being mined. This type of background.


I like the colour schemes going on here, they seem to work, the angular rooms also have some stick out style.

Factory on the top right. I want the Rainbow processing plant to look somewhat like that.


Complicated device. This could come in handy for the type of thing which is going to 'torture' the rainbow.


Illusion of a depth in a background in a skewed perspective, very interesting.


The colour schemes of good ol' Gerald McBoing Boing. Introduced by my tutor Yyvone


Mainly that small image on the bottom right. Just look at the twisted perspective in that set of skyscrapers, brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment