Welcome

This is the newly setup blog to split up the creative process of my film I have up my sleeve for my MA and currently working towards. It will hopefully be updated regulary, the old posts will get updated as the designing of the film continues. As the design stage phase closes, this'll probably have thumbnails, storyboards, animatics and linetests to detail the film coming into existence more and more.
If you look to the right of this text, you'll find a summary of posts of the project carried out so far to date for easy navigation, underneath that is what I've been looking at in order to design the film's look and general inspiration.

Saturday 6 February 2010

The Other Boy


The other Boy as to date hasn't had much done, because depending on feedback, He might actually be a Girl, so it's rather questionable and just see which one fits the tale better.

This is a very early sketched boy. I gave him the scarf because it was snowing a lot whilst I sketched him.

Here he is carrying buckets of rainbow. This was drawn part way through the Boy's design when I decided his body was to be drawn in an slanted 'A' shape. I tried reflecting the same but parallel with this drawing of the boy, especially with the shape of the head, from a circle, to a fat oval.

Here he is looking rather angered, by the fact that his friend did something against his principles. AKA, accepting a cheque for something he had no right to sell.


Questioning myself here, I wondered if those eyes were too 'reliable' as they do tend to be the trademark googley eyes I end up using a lot. Also, did he need a cap?

It could go either way, really. He works with a scarf and hair, but also with a cap. I added weight to his body too.
I'm still fairly unsure about the other character being a boy as the film currently only has one female, and that's a stereotypical, flaunty, local newscaster.

Original Post- 07/Feb/2010 expect to be updated as feedback returned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment