Welcome

This is the newly setup blog to split up the creative process of my film I have up my sleeve for my MA and currently working towards. It will hopefully be updated regulary, the old posts will get updated as the designing of the film continues. As the design stage phase closes, this'll probably have thumbnails, storyboards, animatics and linetests to detail the film coming into existence more and more.
If you look to the right of this text, you'll find a summary of posts of the project carried out so far to date for easy navigation, underneath that is what I've been looking at in order to design the film's look and general inspiration.

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Playing with landscapes and rainbows 2

A couple of posts earlier, I posted some images trying to define the city in the animation and the Rainbow Rig at the background. Here I tried to redraw in my head on the universities later version of Flash. I'm not sure why everything is transparent, but it looks okay for short experiments like this anyway. You may notice the lack of those 'shifted outlines', but I don't currently have the graphics tablet on me, but I'll try to get them drawn in later.

The original construction on Flash. This time I picked lighter, more appropriate colours like the 50's style I've been looking at.


I added a quick rainbow in here made with simple lines and paint bucket. I was trying to make everything look like block colours as possible.


This is a pink background version, it looked quite nice and perhaps could be prior to a sunset or something. I'm not quite sure.

A moody, nearly blood red background here. I think it looks as if the sky is metaphorically bleeding.
A bright blue sky version. I honestly think this is TOO predictable, it's too expected and the blue background interferes with the objects on the foreground. The clouds colour here also really looks awful.

A slightly light black to contrast against the Rainbow Rig's jet black palette here. I don't really like it, but it was worth experimenting with anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment