Welcome

This is the newly setup blog to split up the creative process of my film I have up my sleeve for my MA and currently working towards. It will hopefully be updated regulary, the old posts will get updated as the designing of the film continues. As the design stage phase closes, this'll probably have thumbnails, storyboards, animatics and linetests to detail the film coming into existence more and more.
If you look to the right of this text, you'll find a summary of posts of the project carried out so far to date for easy navigation, underneath that is what I've been looking at in order to design the film's look and general inspiration.

Friday 19 February 2010

Modern architecture?

I've been looking at my work so far, relating to the city sequence and something is very wrong. I'm still designing a 1950s metropolis. Which isn't what I want to be doing, what I DO want to be DOING is dragging that particular style into the 2000's kicking and screaming.

Based on one of my friends uploaded photos of London on Facebook, I realised this is the kind of thing that I'd been missing. So I did a quick sketch and a test to see if it fit in with the 'shifted outline' look.

I don't think the conversion to block colour and line worked. Never one to give up easily, I persevered further with this idea as this kind of this modern electronic screen billboard and it was the kind of thing which was missing to make my animation seem more modern.
If anyone's curious, the boards say 'Pure Rainbow' in a faux 'Coca-Cola' look, 'Thing' and 'Vague'.

Here is the block colour version, done with felt-tip and marker. It's suggestible, but not quite clear what you're looking at.


Then I found out that this doesn't seem to work at all, which is a shame. The building on the right does, the left building just looks like a confused mess. 'Shame 'bout that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment